A member who is interested in being nominated to serve on the Board must meet the qualifications stated below. In addition, a member must complete the nomination form below and include a biography of no more than 100 words.
1. A nominee must be a member in good standing for at least 12 months prior to being submitted for nomination. A member in good standing means:
a) All loans with the Credit Union are current.
b) The Credit Union has suffered no losses as a result of the charge off or discharge in bankruptcy of any loans or other obligations to the Credit Union.
2. The nominee must consent to a credit report and background check, as permitted by law, and the nominee must be bondable.
3. The nominee’s background and experience demonstrate an ability to interpret financial statements and assess business performance.
4. The nominee has experience with community organizations or service clubs.
5. The nominee demonstrates an understanding of the mission and structure of credit unions.
6. A nominee may not be an employee of the credit union. Former employees are not eligible for nomination until 18 months from their seperation from the credit union.
7. A nominee may not be an immediate family member of an employee or current volunteer.
8. The nominee undergoes an interview with the Nominating Committee to review the nominnee’s background, skills, and experience.